Friday, January 30, 2009
Journal Entry 3
Although I had already seen Charlie Chaplain's Modern Times in High School, after watching it a second time I noticed a few things that I had not noticed before. Although the slap stick humor of that Chaplain creates in his character, you can definitely notice some ironic and dark images that depict the atmosphere of America during that time. Depending on how deep you look into the movie related to what a person might in fact get out of it. So although I did recognize those images, I am still a big fan of slap stick humor. From the old classics of the three stooges to the ridiculous antics that occurs in the Jackass series. There is just something funny to me about people falling down and getting hurt. It could be because I am quite accident prone myself and I find a sort of camaraderie with these clumsy fools, but even when I fall down I laugh at myself as well. I think it is extremely important to be able to laugh at yourself and whenever I see these hooligans get a pie in their face, or a scorpion sting on their ass, it just reminds me of the stupid accidents that I myself have been apart of. Like this one time I was trying to hop the fence at Drake plaza, and I lost my balance, fell off the top and broke my arm. Looking back it sucked when it happened but its pretty god damn funny too
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment